Today we’re announcing two new products
– TKey Unlocked
– TKey Programmer
Tkey Unlocked is a non-provisioned TKey (https://tillitis.se/tkey) for advanced users that want to provision their TKeys themselves, experiment with new hardware designs, or change the bootloader firmware.
Tkey Programmer is a circuit board designed to aid the provisioning and programming process of TKey Unlocked.
– High-security organisations or individuals that do not want to trust Tillitis in the provisioning of the device
– Hardware designers who want to expand or replace our FPGA design
– Software developers who want to change or replace our bootloader firmware
Note: You do not need a TKey Unlocked if you want to develop TKey apps. You can do that just fine with a regular TKey.
– Choose your own Unique Device Secret (UDS), the base secret of measurements and key material (read more in this tech post)
– Choose your own Unique Device Identifier (UDI), the serial number
– Empty FPGA (except for production test design in SPI flash)
– Full control of the firmware running on the TKey
– Experiment with the full capacity of the Lattice ICE40 UltraPlus
To get started, you need a TKey Unlocked, but remember that you also need a TKey Programmer. Then you just follow our instructions in the Tillitis Developer Handbook, https://dev.tillitis.se. You can choose to either “lockdown” the device by programming the FPGA’s NVCM, or you can test your design and/or firmware by programming the SPI flash again and again.
Be aware that you only have one chance to program the NVCM; whatever you write is what you will live with.
Tkey Unlocked is available in our webshop, https://shop.tillitis.se.